Title of the project: Strengthening Community Rights and Empowerment (SCORE)
- Total budget of the project: 25874479 BDT
- Amount requested from MJF: 24997395 BDT
- Own Contribution: 877084 BDT
Supported by: Manusher Jonno Foundation (DFID)
Alignment with Programmatic areas of MJF:
- PStrengthening Public Institutions
- Rationale: The socially excluded people specially the women have less access to entrance and participate in local development procedures and deprived from their entitlement and government services. LGI Act-2009 is not proper functioning with transparency and accountability as well as the community participation is not satisfactorily ensured. There is lacking of coordination between Local Government (LG) and Public Service Delivery Agencies (PSDA) as a result excluded people are deprived from the public services.
- Goal: Poor marginalized and vulnerable people enjoy better quality of life in a well governed institutional environment.
- LGI and PSDA practiced transparency and accountability in decision regarding services resources and opportunities for women, marginalized and socially excluded section.
- Civic engagement ensured capability of Women, marginalized and socially excluded peoples in access to service delivery.
- Social accountability tools including Right to Information (RTI) are popularly used by community, LGI and PSDA.
Output 01.1: Institutional capacity enhanced of LGI and PSDA in responding citizen demand.
Output 2.1: Civic engagement Increased in the LGI and PSDA decision making process through inclusive Shamajik Uddog Forum (SUF)
Output 2.2: LGI and PSDA services are more accessible by the Women, marginalized and socially excluded people using SA tools
Output 3.1: Increased use of RTI by the Women, marginalized and socially excluded people in access to services.
Output:04 Developed Project Management capacity to keep the project in right track with efficient intervention.
1.Organize Ward shava.2.Organize Open budget declaration of Union, municipality and Upazila. 3. Organize Union Development Coordination Committee Meeting (UDCCM) 4.Five Years plan develop at LGI 5.Organize LEBs Training on the roles & functions of LGI as per LG Act. 6. Formation of inclusive Shamajik Uddog Forum (SUF) at ward, Union, Municipality, Upazilla and district level.7.Organize Meeting with SUF at ward Union, Municipality, Upazilla and district level. 8. Organize exchange Visit with intra and inter groups. 9. Organize social initiative festival 10.Apply Community Score Card (CSC) to asses’ quality of Services. 11. Support to organize regular standing committee meeting. 12. Local service monitoring13. Organize Dialogue with Social Safety net, Health, Safe drinking water and Agriculture at UP, Upazilla and District level. 14. Developed Citizen Charter 15. Organize Public Hearing 16. Conduct UP governance performance assessment. 17.Formation of Grievance Redress System (GRS) committee at UP and Upazila 18. GRS Committee meeting at UP and Upazila. 19. Organize Sharing Meeting on RTI with SUF. 20. Organize Orientation on RTI with LGI and PSDA representative. 21. Observing RTI Day
Direct beneficiaries: 14891
Major Stakeholders: District administration, Upazilla parishad, Social welfare department, Women affairs directorate, Agricultural Department like fisheries and livestock, Health Department, Primary Health Care service delivery institute like Community Clinic, Health sub center, Upazilla health and family welfare center, Department of Health and Family Planning Upazilla and district level, UP, Water and Sanitation services in public health, Municipality, Social security Services, Non-Government Organization (NGO), Community Platform, Local Media.